Office Manager / Front Desk
Position is full time, non-exempt. Reports to Controller. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Job Description Summary / Objective
Working under the direction of the Controller, the Office Manager performs various duties relating to office management, purchase order management, filing and file maintenance, receptionist functions, and other general administrative duties such as company calendar maintenance, catering coordination, conference room booking and management. The Office Manager typically serves as liaison with various office service or supply vendors.
- Manage day-to-day office services (and their respective vendors) including telephones, network printers and package delivery.
- Supervise and coordinates overall administrative activities for the Office Administration Department.
- Supervise the maintenance of office equipment, including printers, fax machine, telephone switch and desk units. Makes minor telephone programming changes if necessary.
- Maintain inventory of kitchen and office supplies and reorder as needed.
- Prepare purchase orders as requested for management approval.
- Review office services’ related vendor invoices for accuracy and submit to Accounting for check processing.
- Sort, batch and date-stamp all incoming mail and distribute on a daily basis.
- Arrange for messenger and express parcel services as necessary and deliver outgoing mail to the US Post Office as necessary.
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain a professional image.
- Greet and appropriately direct clients and visitors.
- Handle general inquiry phone calls at the front desk.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Participate as needed in special department projects.
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
- Personal Skills
Good personal interaction/communication skills with visitors, guests, and co-workers. Flexibility to respond to changing workload demands and requests from other Executives and Directors. A spirit of teamwork and collaboration is essential.
No travel is expected for this position.