Chief Creative Officer
As Chief Creative Officer of Rethink Leisure & Entertainment, LLC, Joshua Updike is responsible for championing the company’s creative output from concept to creation. A Thea Award-winning creative professional, Josh brings to his position 20 years of experience in themed entertainment. Josh leads a team of creative talent focused on meeting client needs and delivering the highest quality show experiences.
Prior to joining Rethink Leisure & Entertainment, Josh founded Rethink Attractions where as Executive Show Producer he oversaw the design of several notable themed entertainment projects. Projects included such high-profile properties as Motiongate Dubai theme park (UAE), IMG Worlds of Adventure (UAE), and Wanda Wuhan Movie Culture Park (China).
In the previous decade, Josh worked at a host of companies both in-house and as a consultant. These included Walt Disney Imagineering; Bob Baranick Productions, Inc.; The Cancilier Studio Inc.; Landmark Entertainment Group; Walt Disney World Company; Major League Baseball; and the National Football League. His past roles have spanned all aspects of theme park operation and design, including concept design, production, technical direction, ride design, and park operations. Josh has the distinction of having worked on attractions at every Disney Park around the world.
Josh’s other past projects include:
- Transformers: The Ride 3D (Universal Studios Singapore, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Florida)
- Space Fantasy: The Ride (Universal Studios Japan)
- Dino Play for Kids (Universal Studios Hollywood)
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (Disneyland)
- Space Mountain 2005 Refurbishment (Disneyland)
- Autopia (Hong Kong Disneyland)
- Hong Kong Disneyland (Lantau Island, Hong Kong)
- Shrek 4-D (Universal Studios Hollywood)
- Secrets of Castle O’Sullivan (Busch Gardens, Williamsburg)
- Yangtze Adventure Kingdom (Wuhan, China)
- Warner Bros. F/X Make-up Lab Live Show (Parque Warner Madrid)